Standardization of processes
- Quality: Makes sure measurements are performed and appropriate action is taken
- Efficiency: Reduction in staff workload due to standardised procedures
- Cost reduction: Reduction of complications*) now is achievable in a cost-effective way
*) Murad et al. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 97(1), 2012
Clinical decision support
- Digitisation means that human error in communication and manual dose calculation is avoided.
- Due to the suggested dosages calculated by the system and the up-to-date overview of completed and open tasks, there is less pressure on medical staff.
- This increases the efficiency of procedures, as values do not have to be manually looked up and nurses do not need to ask for advice from doctors as frequently.
- However, the user still has the freedom to make decisions – they always have full control over the treatment process.
Improving blood glucose control
- Clinical evaluation of the GlucoTab basal bolus therapy confirmed that average blood glucose concentration was reduced by 20% compared to standard care.
- More blood glucose levels in target range without increasing the number of hypoglycemic episodes compared to best-practice clinical trials.