GlucoTab® Version 8.1 (August 2022)
The big news of GlucoTab version 8.1 in August 2022 was the GlucoTab App for cobas® pulse, the new blood glucose meter for hospitals from Roche Diagnostics.
As of 11/22/2022, the GlucoTab app for cobas pulse is now officially approved for the platform and available on it.
The native Android app has been customized for the display and the specific requirements of cobas pulse.
The main functions used by nurses in diabetes management are fully available:
- Patient list / task overview
- Patient main screen with blood glucose and therapy profile and buttons for open tasks
- Display ordered therapy and prior therapy
- Initiate BG measurement using the cobas pulse Glucose App
- Enter BG measurements manually
- Medication administration with display of dose suggestions
- entering meal yes/no if necessary
- changing the suggested medication dose possible
- entering physician for verbal order
- Dispensing oral medication / Cancel already documented dispensations
- Adjustment of dispensation when an already dispensed medication order was changed
- Therapy/dose adjustment in algorithm supported therapy
- View/Edit/Delete already performed activities in therapy profile
- Add/Edit/Delete free text comments in therapy plan
Patient enrollment as well as adding and editing prescriptions in Custom Therapy are primarily physician functions and are not (yet) available on cobas pulse.
GlucoTab® Version 8.0 (February 2022)
New feature: Documentation intravenous insulin infusion with infusion pump
- New therapy type for documentation of intravenous insulin infusion with infusion pump
- Preparation of the infusion
- Specification of a blood glucose measurement frequency every x minutes
- Scheme for proposed flow rate as a function of blood glucose that can be predefined
- Continuous documentation of the flow rate with presentation in the course of therapy chart
- Changes in relation to i.v. insulin therapy
- Better differentiation between the display of i.v. and s.c. insulin. insulin prescriptions in the therapy plan
- The filter function in the drug selection dialogue is now dependent on s.c. or i.v. administration (insulin pen not for i.v., vial not for s.c.).
New: Availability of insulin degludec (Tresiba®, Novo Nordisk®) in GlucoTab Algorithm supported therapy
User Interface Improvements
- Fundamental reorganisation of the user interface so that the therapy course (chart with blood glucose and documented activities) and therapy plan (order) are aligned exactly on top of each other with the same time axis + technical realisation with new charting library.
- Possibility of configuring that drug doses or measured values are indicated to two decimal places.
- The ward abbreviations of the hospital information system are not understandable for users. A configurable mapping 1:1 or 1:n, also with wildcards, to human readable ward names was introduced.
- The fields displayed in the main patient view for patient identification are now configurable: Date of birth, PID, national insurance number
Improvements short acting insulin and supplement schemes
- When prescribing short-acting insulin, it is now possible to specify whether it should only be administered if the patient eats a meal.
- Extension of the functionality for supplement schemes by
- the reduction of meal insulin for low blood glucose levels
- Alternative correction scheme for the period bedtime/night (reduction of the correction dose of the day by x%)
- If the blood glucose value for the dose calculation according to the correction scheme is above the upper limit of the correction scheme, then a configurable message is displayed when the medication is administered, e.g. “Information to pysician on duty after administration of correction insulin”.
Extended functionality gestational diabetes
- Gestational diabetes is now available for documentation as additional diabetes type in the list (Until now “other diabetes type” was used also for patients with gestational diabetes). When gestational diabetes is selected, the “patient is pregnant” checkbox is automatically activated.
- For patients with gestational diabetes, configurable target ranges for postprandial measurements can be defined, e.g. after 1h pp: 140 – 180 mg/dl, after 2h pp: 120 – 160 mg/dl
Extended functionality for hypo- or hyperglycaemia
- Generation of a task for a control measurement also for high blood glucose values (configurable threshold) for all patients.
Correct consideration when prescribing a correction scheme by which a control measurement is also generated for high blood glucose values.
- When a hypo- or hyperglycaemic BG value is measured, a task with configurable validity (e.g. 1h) is created and displayed in the task list and on the patient’s main screen. Clicking on the icon opens a dialogue that explains the general procedure and optionally provides a link to an internal guideline (PDF or HTML).
Extended features at therapy start
- It is now possible to configure that GlucoTab basal-bolus therapy can be started by nurses, when the name of the delegating physician is documented.
- Improved use of existing information on therapy to calculate the dose suggestion for the initial insulin daily dose in basal bolus therapy: The number of insulin units from prior therapy at home and/or current inpatient therapy is now also automatically determined.
- Allow the user to take over the last known inpatient therapy from a previous enrolment.
Documentation discharge therapy
- The previous therapy as well as the currently prescribed therapy can be output as a copyable character string in the text fields for the discharge therapy in order to take them over with copy & paste, e.g. in a discharge letter.
Improved wording and consistency
- Consistent function and display of the “Confirm”, “Save” or “Close” buttons
- Display of an explanation for dose entry with the keyboard in the drug prescription dialogue
- Mandatory setting of the start date when taking over a drug from the previous therapy with an administration frequency > 1 day
- Warning messages now better explain that total daily dose adjustment needs to be performed that the algorithm can calculate a dose suggestion (when the basal-bolus algorithm is in pending mode and medication administration is started).
- The error message “please contact technical support” can now be replaced by a customer-specific (configurable) string to allow more actionable information for users in case of a problem, e.g.: “Please write a support ticket to …”
- Improved wording in notification in Basal Only when new basal dose cannot be calculated due to missing bg measurements
Improvements integration: drug catalogue, organizational structure
- Incremental updates of the medication list now allow for frequent (daily) updates. In doing so, avoid as much as possible the situation where medication orders may no longer be edited after the update BUT recognize critical changes.
- Possibility of user assignment to one or more wards via ActiveDirectory roles and corresponding adjustment of the GlucoTab Launcher, close the Launcher window when logging out.
- When opening the patient list without a ward being selected: Allow selection of a ward instead of loading of all wards.
- Task generation for medication administration of a backdated task is now handled correctly
GlucoTab® version 7.1.1 (July 2021)
The first GlucoTab version which is certified under the new European Medical Device Regulation (MDR) as a Class IIa medical device was released on July 6th, 2022.