The GlucoTab® system provides support for nursing staff and physicians involved in the insulin therapy of patients with diabetes on hospital wards. The system improves blood glucose management workflow and automatically suggests correct insulin dosages.
- Calculation of a safe insulin dose at the start of therapy, prescribed by physicians
- Daily suggestion for the adjustment of the planned daily insulin dose (by physicians or nursing staff)
- Dose calculation for each individual insulin dose considers blood glucose level and meal (nursing staff)
The dose calculation for nurses is supported by:
- Bolus calculator for type 1 diabetes / intensive insulin therapy
- Sliding scale for supplemental insulin
This is the type of therapy recommended by guidelines for in-patients.
To reduce complications during in-patient therapy, a fixed blood glucose target range is aimed for.
For geriatric patients with less restrictive blood glucose target values or if therapy with basal insulin is sufficient (e.g. after newly initiated insulin therapy)
Therapy intensity depends on the health status
For patients, whose individual metabolic situation requires special medical therapy.
Flexible documentation if trained patients perform insulin dosing themselves also in inpatient diabetes management.
Patient determines dose himself
- long acting insulin once daily
- short acting insulin with each meal and to correct high BG values
- combination with certain oral antidiabetics or incretins possible
- mainly long-acting insulin once daily
- in combination with oral antidiabetic drugs and incretins
- optional addition of short-acting insulin in the morning or with the largest meal of the day
All variants of medication prescription can be freely selected and dosed:
- long acting insulin
- short acting insulin
- fixed dose order
- supplemental insulin (sliding scale) for high BG values
- bolus calculator for intensive insulin therapy using carbohydrate factor and correction factor
- premixed insulin
- oral antidiabetic drugs
GlucoTab helps improve the quality of care. This means that each group involved in the treatment process benefits:
Medical staff are better supported and mistakes are avoided. Patients directly benefit from improved treatment, while the organisations that run the healthcare facility benefit from a reduction in costs.
GlucoTab® enables the electronic planning, performance and documentation of all ward specific workflow steps necessary for managing blood sugar. Medical doctors and nurses receive all relevant information context-sensitively. Workflow is additionally supported by unobtrusive visual reminders.
The company „decide Cinical Software GmbH” specializes in solutions that support clinical decisions and processes – GlucoTab for diabetes mellitus is our first product. Thus, we support anyone responsible for treating patients in making decisions – many times a day, with each decision a brand new challenge..
New GlucoTab version 7.1 is in operation since November 2020.
The following improvements and changes were implemented:
- Displaying or filtering available and unavailable medications in the facility.
- The list for selecting drugs now additionally shows whether a drug is available or not.
- There is also an additional filter function to show only available drugs in the list. For pre-therapy and self-management, all drugs are listed by default, for inpatient therapy only the available drugs are displayed.
- Electronic version of the user manual
- In addition to the printed version of the user manual, with version 7.1 it is possible to access an electronic version of the user manual directly from GlucoTab.
- After importing a hypoglycemic blood glucose value, a task for a control measurement is now automatically created. This automatism was previously only provided after manual entry with a confirmation dialog.
- Stopping a patient’s enrollment by a nurse now requires a verbal order from a physician when the patient has prescribed therapy.
- An additional user manual for operation (technical manual) has been prepared.
GlucoTab version 7.1 shall be the first GlucoTab version with certification according to the new European Medical Device Regulation (MDR).
- The relevant preparations have been made, and the entire technical documentation has been revised with regard to the requirements of the MDR and submitted to the notified body for review.
For detailed information on previous GlucoTab releases see the
GlucoTab Version History.
Articles about GlucoTab in the magazine Qualitas
bytes4diabetes Award 2021 – 3rd prize
We are excited about winning 3rd prize in the bytes4diabetes Award, which was aw…
KAGes receives IDC Health Award for GlucoTab project
The “Steiermärkische KAGes” hospital organization was awarded this…
Diabetes Forum „Diabetesmanagement goes digital“
In the magazine “Diabetes Forum” published by the Austrian Diabetes…
Blood sugar and management
The special situation of spin-offs is described by the SFG by the example of the…
GlucoTab presented at DMEA fare at the Cerner booth
The DMEA (formerly conhIT) took place this year from 9 to 11 April 2019 in Berli…
Startup from Graz wants to take off in the USA
On the occasion of the participation at the Pitching Days 2019 in New York, deci…
Since autumn 2017 we have a certified quality management system according to ISO 13485.
Quality, risk management and usability play a central role in the development and production of our products.
The quality management system provides us with the framework for a secure and documented procedure – the certificate confirms that we adhere to this framework.