The GlucoTab® system provides support for nursing staff and physicians involved in the insulin therapy of patients with diabetes on hospital wards. The system improves blood glucose management workflow and automatically suggests correct insulin dosages.
- Calculation of a safe insulin dose at the start of therapy, prescribed by physicians
- Daily suggestion for the adjustment of the planned daily insulin dose (by physicians or nursing staff)
- Dose calculation for each individual insulin dose considers blood glucose level and meal (nursing staff)
The dose calculation for nurses is supported by:
- Bolus calculator for type 1 diabetes / intensive insulin therapy
- Sliding scale for supplemental insulin
This is the type of therapy recommended by guidelines for in-patients.
To reduce complications during in-patient therapy, a fixed blood glucose target range is aimed for.
For geriatric patients with less restrictive blood glucose target values or if therapy with basal insulin is sufficient (e.g. after newly initiated insulin therapy)
Therapy intensity depends on the health status
For patients, whose individual metabolic situation requires special medical therapy.
Flexible documentation if trained patients perform insulin dosing themselves also in inpatient diabetes management.
Patient determines dose himself
- long acting insulin once daily
- short acting insulin with each meal and to correct high BG values
- combination with certain oral antidiabetics or incretins possible
- mainly long-acting insulin once daily
- in combination with oral antidiabetic drugs and incretins
- optional addition of short-acting insulin in the morning or with the largest meal of the day
All variants of medication prescription can be freely selected and dosed:
- long acting insulin
- short acting insulin
- fixed dose order
- supplemental insulin (sliding scale) for high BG values
- bolus calculator for intensive insulin therapy using carbohydrate factor and correction factor
- premixed insulin
- oral antidiabetic drugs
GlucoTab helps improve the quality of care. This means that each group involved in the treatment process benefits:
Medical staff are better supported and mistakes are avoided. Patients directly benefit from improved treatment, while the organisations that run the healthcare facility benefit from a reduction in costs.
GlucoTab® enables the electronic planning, performance and documentation of all ward specific workflow steps necessary for managing blood sugar. Medical doctors and nurses receive all relevant information context-sensitively. Workflow is additionally supported by unobtrusive visual reminders.
The company „decide Cinical Software GmbH” specializes in solutions that support clinical decisions and processes – GlucoTab for diabetes mellitus is our first product. Thus, we support anyone responsible for treating patients in making decisions – many times a day, with each decision a brand new challenge..
New GlucoTab version 7.0 is in operation since august 2020.
The main new feature is the additional therapy algorithm for basal insulin therapy (BOT/BIT):
- On the one hand, this therapy regimen is designed for geriatric persons with diabetes, whose blood sugar target values can be set depending on their health status. For people with diabetes, e.g. after newly initiated insulin therapy, basal insulin therapy may also be sufficient.
- The blood glucose target range and the frequency of insulin titration are determined individually depending on the patient’s health status.
- Blood glucose control is mainly achieved with a once-daily long-acting basal insulin (optionally in combination with oral antidiabetic drugs or incretins). Correction with short-acting supplemental insulin is only carried out in case of very high blood glucose levels.
- To avoid a blood glucose increase during the day, bolus insulin can be prescribed once a day in the morning or with the largest meal – basal insulin plus (BOT+/BIT+) therapy.
GlucoTab thus provides algorithm support for two types of therapy: GlucoTab basal bolus therapy and new: GlucoTab basal insulin therapy (BOT/BIT: basal insulin-assisted oral or incretin therapy).
- The tasks for the adjustment of therapy with one of the two GlucoTab therapy algorithms are now more clearly differentiated and displayed: Regular therapy adjustment may be performed by physicians and nurses (in role “nurse+”). Certain situations require a therapy evaluation, which must be carried out by a physician.
- Changes have been made to make it easier to recognise when different doses of insulin are administered than were prescribed or suggested by the therapy algorithm. The automatic dose adjustment in the basal bolus therapy algorithm has also been adapted in this respect.
- It is now also possible to plan a discharge therapy or to document a specific therapy for discharge.
Articles about GlucoTab in the magazine Qualitas
KAGes receives IDC Health Award for GlucoTab project
The “Steiermärkische KAGes” hospital organization was awarded this…
Diabetes Forum „Diabetesmanagement goes digital“
In the magazine “Diabetes Forum” published by the Austrian Diabetes…
Blood sugar and management
The special situation of spin-offs is described by the SFG by the example of the…
GlucoTab presented at DMEA fare at the Cerner booth
The DMEA (formerly conhIT) took place this year from 9 to 11 April 2019 in Berli…
Startup from Graz wants to take off in the USA
On the occasion of the participation at the Pitching Days 2019 in New York, deci…
Qualified for Pitching Days New York!
As one of eight startups, decide Clinical Software qualified for the multi-day…
Since autumn 2017 we have a certified quality management system according to ISO 13485.
Quality, risk management and usability play a central role in the development and production of our products.
The quality management system provides us with the framework for a secure and documented procedure – the certificate confirms that we adhere to this framework.