Automated insulin dosage suggestions for basal bolus therapy of patients with type 2 diabetes:
- Initial dose suggestions at therapy start (by physicians)
- Patient-specific suggestions for the daily adjustment of insulin doses (by doctors or nursing staff)
- Dose calculation for individual insulin administrations (by nurses) based on the prescribed doses, current blood sugar level and meal
Bolus calculator for intensive insulin therapy of patients with type 1 diabetes.
or manual prescription in the electronic diabetes chart
Comprehensive electronic drug prescription, visualization and administration support make GlucoTab a powerful and comprehensive solution for all anti-hyperglycemic therapies.
- Free prescription of insulin and oral anti-diabetic drugs, as well as blood glucose target range
- Correction schemes for short-acting insulins depending on blood glucose
- Dose calculation for nurses with safety functions such as active insulin “on board”
GlucoTab digitizes the treatment workflow by supporting all tasks related to blood glucose management, taking into account their interdependencies and special cases.
- Clear presentation of “open tasks” for physicians and nurses
- Specially adapted procedures for patients who perform self-management on the ward
- Support of verbal orders and confirmation by doctors
The physicians have the choice whether they opt for the automatic dosage support when prescribing, or whether the insulin dosage is carried out manually by the doctor.
The system was developed in close cooperation with clinical staff, resulting in an intuitive user experience.
Simple, structured input and clear output of the most important medical parameters, such as blood glucose, insulin dosage and meals.
Clear distribution of responsibilities between the occupational groups with precise control of which events / drug doses / blood sugar values require prescription or approval by doctors
The GlucoTab® system is a CE marked medical device. The system was developed, tested and verified according to medical device software regulation in compliance with international standards.